1/29/16

Pup-date!

Happy belated 2016!  There have been some major changes in my life in the past couple of months, but I am getting back on track with my schedule.



The first thing I would like to do in this post is introduce you all to the newest member of our family, Lucy.  We adopted her back in October(Halloween to be exact) and it has been one of the best life changing decisions ever.  As I write this post, Lucy is curled up asleep next to me.  I won't go on about saying how much I support adoption, but in the end, you aren't just adding another life to your family, you are saving one as well.

On another note, I have two pieces of artwork to share today.  Both pieces are portraits of dogs! (Dogs are completely taking over this blog post if that wasn't clear ;) )

The first portrait is Ellie.  She is the cutest puppy and a little ball of energy.  This is also the first, and not the last, gouache portrait I have done.  If you remember the first puppy portraits I did, they were done in oil pastel.  As much as I loved using oil pastel, I love the flexibility of gouache; it is quickly becoming my favorite medium to work in.  The second portrait is of Lexi and Maddy, my Aunt's dogs.  This was done for Christmas and I learned a lot more about dealing with white fur.  I will be working with white fur again when I end up painting Sonic, so I will be putting my new found knowledge to use again soon.

To enlarge the images just click on them

Ellie, 2015

Detail 1
Detail 2

Lexi and Maddy, 2015

Detail 

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment